- Click on the 'Messenger' menu section located on the left side of your screen.
- Select the 'Add Contact' button to add a user to your contact list
- You will be prompted to enter the User ID of the person that you want to add to your contact list. Enter the email address of the user, then select the 'Continue' button to proceed.
|Valid User ID's
User must have an existing email account on your domain.
Example: If your account is demo.com, you can only add users with an email address such as firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Invalid User ID's
The following User ID's are not supported:
- Users with email accounts not on your domain, such as firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Guest users, as these users share access to your email account.
- After submitting a valid User ID, a request is sent to the user to add him/her to your contact list. As soon as the user accepts the request, the contact will be added automatically to your list. The user will see your request when they log into Webmail.
Communicating with Users
- Users who are currently online, and have accepted your request to add him/her to your contact list, will appear under the Instant Messenger section.
- To send a message to a user, select the user from the list and select the 'Send Message' button.
- To send a file to a user, select the user from the list and select the 'Send File' button.
- You can change your online status via the 'My Status' option located at the top right-hand corner of your screen.