The options menu allows you to modify your account settings for
all areas including webmail, calendar, file storage, and others.
- To change other global options, click on 'General Options'.
- To add, delete, or remove profiles, click on 'Manage Profiles'.
- To add, delete, or modify your message rules, click on
- To add, delete, or modify your stationery, click on 'Stationery'.
- To add, delete, or modify your alerts, click on 'Alerts'.
- To enable or change your autoresponder text, click on
- To add, delete, or modify your signatures, click on 'Signatures'.
- To change your display settings, click on 'Display Settings'.
Options » General Options
The screen allows you to edit many of the settings for the webmail.
- To change the way your name is displayed edit it here.
- To set your timezone, select it from the popdown menu. Setting your timezone allows messages to be displayed with the correct time in your inbox.
- If you would prefer to automatically be logged out after a period of time, enter that time period where it says 'Logout after:'. If you prefer to not be automatically logged out then enter 0 (zero) in this space.
- To set the default sharing mode for various items in this service, select either 'Public' or 'Private' from the popdown menu. This setting can be overridden for any individual item that can be shared. Sharing allows you to give someone else guest privileges for your account and they will be able to see only the items marked 'Public'. They will not be able to see items marked 'Private'.
- You may set how often your inbox is refreshed from a popdown menu here. When the inbox is refreshed, the system displays new messages received at that time. This does not check external accounts when refreshing the inbox.
- You may also choose to trim the subject and sender names to help with formatting in your listings as well as possibly preventing problems with some systems when dealing with very long subjects. The complete sender and subject are seen when the message is opened.
- To automatically empty your trash whenever you logout, check 'Empty trash at logout'. Remember that messages in the trash also count against your message space limitations.
- To set default message header views, select either 'Basic Header View' or 'Full Headers View'. In most cases the 'Basic Header View' is all that is needed.
- To set a reply to address that is different than your email address, set it here. You may also add your organization name here and it will be included in outgoing messages.
- To set or change your default character set, select it from the popdown menu.
- To set your default message importance and sensitivity, select them from the popdown menus.
- To request a read reciept for all messages, select 'Request a read receipt'.
- To request a delivery reciept for all messages, select 'Request a delivery receipt'.
- To set the HTML editor as your default for composing messages, select 'Use the HTML Editor'. Note that this feature is only for users with Internet Explorer version 5.5 or later.
- To automatically save copies of sent messages in the Sent Items folder, select 'Add the messages that I send to the Sent items folder'.
- To display a confirmation page after your messages have been sent, select 'Show a Message sent confirmation page'.
- To save any changes to your options, click 'Save'.
Options » Manage Your Accounts / Profiles
The screen allows you to set up other accounts that you can collect mail from as well as send mail through. These accounts must be valid accounts on other servers.
- To add a new account, click 'New'.
- When adding an account, all fields must be filled in. If you have any questions you should consult with your ISP for the correct values. This information is used in both collecting and sending mail from this account.
- Some mail servers require validation of users prior to accepting mail to be sent through them. One common method is called SMTP after POP which means that a user will be validated for a time after checking mail. If this is the case with your SMTP server then you should click the button labeled "Check Mail" in your inbox before sending messages throughg that mail server.
- To delete an account, select the checkbox next to the name and click delete.
Options » Custom Filters
This screen allows you to design custom rules (filters) for processing incoming messages. You may create any number of rules to perform the tasks you wish.
- To create a new rule, click 'New'.
- To edit a rule, click its name.
- To delete a rule, click the trash can icon.
- To enable a rule, click its name and then click 'Enable this rule'. Rules that are not enabled do not have any effect on incoming messages.
Options » Stationery
This screen allows you to create stationery that can be used with email messages in the compose screen.
- To create a new stationery, click 'New'. You may preview your stationery before saving it. To save your changes click 'Save'.
- To edit an existing stationery, click its name.
- To delete a stationery, select the checkbox next to it and click 'Delete'.
Options » Alerts
This screen allows you to create several types of alerts. These alerts will be used to notify you as requested by various sections of this system. For example you could be notified on your pager when a particular important email arrives. You might also want to be notified by email, ICQ, cellular phone, and alphanumeric pager so you do not forget that anniversary again...
- To create a new alert, click 'New'.
- To edit an existing alert, click its name.
- When using pager and cellular phone alerts you will need to enter the phone number in a particular format. If you do not know this format then you should contact the service provider. For example ATT needs the format to be as area code and phone number with numbers only and no spaces.
- To delete an alert, select the checkbox next to the alert name and click 'Delete'.
Options » Signatures
This screen allows you to create multiple signatures for use when composing and sending messages.
- To create a new signature, click 'New'.
- To edit an existing signature, click its name.
- To delete a signature, select the checkbox next to the alert name and click 'Delete'.
Options » Display Settings
This screen allows you to set the default preferences for how you would like to view different pages and sections. You can set the number of items per page, the sort order, and the view style.